We Love Our Customers
Waspy’s Truck Stop likes to say we are ‘more than just a truck stop’. We pride ourselves in keeping our facilities clean and updated. In fact, we strive to make our customers feel ‘at home’ whether their stay is short or long. Whether you stop into one of our convenience stores, stop at our fuel education center, or use our indoor pool at the Blue Grass Inn & Suites, we want to meet your expectations. As a family owned business, we want to make our community proud and take appropriate measures to ensure our customers feel comfortable.
Doris and Lawrence “Waspy” Handlos, the founders of Waspy’s Truck Stop, knew there was a great need for a truck stop in Carroll County, Iowa. Right off of Highway 141, Templeton was the perfect place for the first truck stop location. During its inception, the Handlos family knew they wanted to create more than your typical truck stop. Therefore, they constructed a plan to include all of the necessary ammenities that would make Waspy’s feel just like home. Ultimately, the Handlos family wanted to build a business they could get behind. This is what they set out to do, and we believe they achieved it.
Our Customers Agree
Fortunately, many of our customers agree that the Handlos Family achieved their goal. In fact, we would like to share some comments made by our customers through the past several months. Here are a few of their testimonials:
- This place is wonderful. They really know how to treat a driver. I hope someday I can come back. The showers are amazing! The staff is very friendly. If I could give 10 stars I would.
- One of the best truck stops I have ever seen.
- The best Truck stop in the country hands down…Free shower and Laundry for truck drivers! No fuel purchase needed; farmers included! Nice restaurant with Amazing food. Driver lounge is super cozy with nice big TV, and recliners!
- Staff cares which is absolutely amazing. The locals are nice, and say hello! Well done Waspy Family! You should be Very proud of what you built!
- Impressed with the cleanliness of every area in this truck stop. A gem in this day and age. If you have not stopped here, shame on you.
- This place is unbelievably good.
Would You Like To Be A Customer?
We would love for you to contact us. Come visit us at both our locations in Templeton and Audubon, respectively. Hope to see you soon!
This post was written by Waspy's Truck Stop